- MTHFR Gene variants C677T, A1298C and association with Down
syndrome: A case control study from South India.
- Risk of Down syndrome conferred by MTHFR C677T
polymorphism: Ethnic variations
- Investigating the impact of the Down syndrome related common
MTHFR 677C>T polymorphism in the Danish population.
- MTRR and MTHFR polymorphism: link to Down syndrome?
- MTHFR genetic polymorphism as a risk factor in Egyptian
mothers with Down syndrome children.
- Maternal polymorphisms 677C-T and 1298A-C of MTHFR, and 66A-G
MTRR genes: is there any relationship between polymorphisms of the folate
pathway, maternal homocysteine levels, and the risk for having a child with Down
- MTHFR 677C-->T and 1298A-->C polymorphisms in children
with Down syndrome and acute myeloid leukemia in Brazil.
- Evaluation of C677T and A1298C polymorphisms of the MTHFR gene
as maternal risk factors for Down syndrome and congenital heart defects.
- MTHFR 677 TT genotype in a mother and her child with Down
syndrome, atrioventricular canal and exstrophy of the bladder: implications of a
mutual genetic risk factor?
- Polymorphisms in genes involved in folate metabolism as maternal risk factors
for Down syndrome in China
- Polymorphisms in Genes Involved in Folate Metabolism as Maternal Risk Factors
for Down Syndrome
- Abnormal folate metabolism and genetic polymorphism of the folate pathway in a
child with Down syndrome and neural tube defect.
- Perinatal choline supplementation improves cognitive functioning and emotion
regulation in the Ts65Dn mouse model of Down syndrome
- Administration of phosphatidylcholine increases brain acetylcholine concentration and improves memory in mice with dementia.
- A report on phosphatidylcholine therapy in a Down syndrome child
- Learning behaviour and cerebral protein kinase C, antioxidant status, lipid composition in senescence accelerated mouse: influence of a phosphatidylcholine-vitamin B12 diet.
- Biomarkers of oxidative stress are significantly elevated in Down syndrome.
- Antioxidant intervention attenuates oxidative stress in children and teenagers with Down syndrome.
- α-Tocopherol supplementation reduces biomarkers of oxidative stress in children with Down syndrome: a randomized controlled trial.
- Cholinergic degeneration and memory loss delayed by vitamin E in a Down syndrome mouse model.
EGCG (Green Tea Extract)
- EGCG prevents oxidative phosphorylation deficit and promotes mitochondrial biogenesis in human cells from subjects with Down's syndrome.
- Glutamate as a Neurotransmitter in the Brain: Review of Physiology and Pathology
- Peripheral markers of glutamatergic dysfunction in neurological diseases: focus
on ex vivo tools.
- Brain protein may play role in Down's syndrome
- The up-regulation of metabotropic glutamate receptor 5 (mGluR5) in Down's
- Role of GABAergic antagonism in the neuroprotective effects of bilobalide.
- Effects of gingko biloba extract on glutamate-induced [Ca2+]i changes in
cultured cortical astrocytes after hypoxia/reoxygenation, H2O2 or L-glutamate
- Bilobalide, a component of the Ginkgo biloba extract (EGb 761), protects against
neuronal death in global brain ischemia and in glutamate-induced excitotoxicity.
- Free radical scavenging capacity and protective effect of Bacopa monniera L. on DNA damage.
- Neuroprotective role of Bacopa monniera extract against aluminium-induced oxidative stress in the hippocampus of rat brain.
- Decreased glutamate receptor binding and NMDA R1 gene expression in hippocampus
of pilocarpine-induced epileptic rats: neuroprotective role of Bacopa monnieri
- Modulation of hydrogen peroxide and acrolein-induced oxidative stress,
mitochondrial dysfunctions and redox regulated pathways by the Bacopa monniera
extract: potential implication in Alzheimer's disease
Centella asiatica (Gotu kola)
- Asiatic acid derivatives protect cultured cortical neurons from
- Protective effects of asiaticoside derivatives against beta-amyloid
- Asiatic Acid, a Pentacyclic Triterpene From Centella asiatica, Is
Neuroprotective in a Mouse Model of Focal Cerebral Ischemia
- Asiatic acid, a pentacyclic triterpene in Centella asiatica, attenuates
glutamate-induced cognitive deficits in mice and apoptosis in SH-SY5Y cells.
- Pharmacological Review on Centella asiatica: A Potential Herbal
- Neuroprotective evaluation of standardized extract of Centella asciatica in
monosodium glutamate treated rats.
- Withanolide A and Asiatic Acid Modulate Multiple Targets Associated with
Amyloid-β Precursor Protein Processing and Amyloid-β Protein Clearance
Withania somnifera (Ashwaganda)
- Water extract from the leaves of Withania somnifera protect RA differentiated C6
and IMR-32 cells against glutamate-induced excitotoxicity.
- Lithium rescues synaptic plasticity and memory in Down syndrome mice
- Lithium effect on glutamate induced damage in glioblastoma cells.
- Lithium protection against glutamate excitotoxicity in rat cerebral cortical
neurons: involvement of NMDA receptor inhibition possibly by decreasing NR2B
- Nutritional status of zinc in children with Down syndrome.
- Release of glutamate and GABA in the hippocampus under zinc deficiency.
- History of zinc as related to brain function.
- Effect of dietary zinc deficiency on ischemic vulnerability of the brain.
- Is zinc deficiency a cause of subclinical hypothyroidism in Down syndrome?
- Effect of omeprazole on plasma zinc levels after oral zinc administration